|The KML Handbook: Geographic Visualization for the Web
| || Amazon Price: $59.99
Lowest Used Price: $2.99
Lowest New Price: $25.00
The way the information is presented appeals to teachers, hobbyists, web designers anyone looking for a way to enhance their content by using customized maps.
Warren Kelly, Pastor
It could become the de-facto tutorial volume for the subject, as well as the classic reference guide.
Thomas Duff, Lead Developer
This book is written so well and is so easy to follow it s a joy to go through.
Daniel McKinnon, Software Engineer
KML began as the file format for Google Earth, but it has evolved into a full-fledged international standard for describing any geographic content the HTML of geography. It s already supported by applications ranging from Microsoft Virtual Earth and NASA WorldWind to Photoshop and AutoCAD. You can do amazing things with KML, and this book will show you how, using practical examples drawn from today s best online mapping applications.
Drawing on her extensive experience with the creators of KML, Wernecke teaches techniques that can be used by everyone from programmers to real estate agents, scientists, students, architects, virtual explorers, and more.
- Incorporating rich content in Placemark balloons
- Creating overlays that superimpose your images on standard Earth browsers
- Generating animations that move through Placemarks, Overlays, and Models
- Controlling and updating map content across the Web
- Managing large data sets using regions and custom data types
- Complete KML language reference: elements, types, syntax, file structure, and conventions